California Historical Landmarks in Nevada County
California Historical Landmark 247
First Long-Distance Telephone in the World
Pleasant Valley Road
Built in 1877, by the Ridge Telephone Co., it connected French Corral with French Lake 58 miles away. It was operated by the Milton Mining Co from this building which was built about 1853.
Marker placed and dedicated by Columbia Parlor No. 70
Native Daughters of the Golden West
May 19, 1940