National Register of Historic Places in Napa County
George Goodman arrived in Napa in 1855. Three years later, he and his brother
opened Napa's first bank.
Mr. Goodman's successes in banking, mining, viticulture and railroads
allowed him to build this Second Empire residence and to donate
the Goodman Library to Napa.
When we photographed the building in 2010, it was subdivided into rental units.