National Register of Historic Places in Napa County
This 1880 Victorian residence was built in the Romano-Tuscan style, common in San Francisco but rare in the Napa Valley. This style is characterized by a cubic form with a lack of bay windows and other projections. The original structure has a two storey-addition built in the same style. The date of the addition is unknown.
Simon H. Buford was the original owner. Mr. Buford was a rancher, an official of the Democratic Party, and one of the wealthiest landowners in Napa County.
As of the year 2005, the Buford House is one of two 19th Century residences doing business as The Napa Inn.