National Register of Historic Places in Napa County
The Napa Valley Railroad Depot, the oldest surviving depot in California, was built in 1868 one year before completion of the Transcontinental Railroad. Calistoga was home to Sam Brannan's mineral spa and was the northern terminus of Napa Valley Railroad.
The building is wood frame with shiplap siding and double-hung windows. The exterior remains almost unchanged since 1868.
Southern Pacific Railroad took over the Napa Valley Railroad in the early 20th Century.
For more information about the Napa Valley Railroad Depot, please see California Landmark 687.