California Historical Landmarks in Napa County
California Historical Landmark 687
Napa Valley Railroad Depot
1458 Lincoln Avenue
Built by Sam Brannan for the Napa Valley Railroad in 1868 one year before the completion of the Transcontinental Railroad. Second oldest remaining railroad in California. Northern terminus of the Napa Valley Railroad and its successors the Napa Valley branches of the Central Pacific Railroad and the Southern Pacific Railroad.
Restored in 1978 by Calistoga Depot Associates.
Dedicated March 17, 1979
Sam Brannan Chapter No. 1004
E Clampus Vitus
The Napa Valley Railroad depot, now the Southern Pacific depot, was built in 1868. Its roundhouse across Lincoln Avenue is gone. On its first trip, this railroad brought people to Calistoga for the elaborate opening of Brannan's summer resort in October 1868.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation
Here's a list of other California Historical Landmarks which had no bear flag plaque when we visited them.