National Register of Historic Places in Mendocino County
The Methodists founded the town's first congregation in 1867 and erected its first church on this site in 1874. This building served Point Arenans until 1906, when it and the neighboring public school burned during the great earthquake.
The congregation began work on a replacement by the end of the year. Although larger than its predecessor, the new building, with its pointed-arched windows and finely detailed central tower, maintained a 19th century appearance.
Source: NRHP nomination submitted in 1990.