National Register of Historic Places in Mendocino County
Point Arena was settled in the 1860s. The Greek Revival Iverson House from 1875 is typical of the first homes built here.
Niels Iverson was one of Point Arena's first residents, and by 1880 he was the town's second largest property owner. We do not know if the Iverson patriarch lived in this house, but several generations of his descendents did.