National Register of Historic Places in Kings County
Located at the center of a gracious, tree-shaded public square, the Kings County Courthouse is a fine example of a neo-classical revival style public building. It is one of the oldest public buildings in continual use in Central California, having been erected in 1896. A later addition was built in 1913 or 1914, which was well integrated and faithful to the original style and detail.
Source: NRHP nomination dated 31 May 1977.
In 1976, county offices moved from the Old Courthouse to the new Kings County Government Center on West Lacey Boulevard. The Old Courthouse was remodeled in the early 1980s and now houses commercial enterprises.