National Register of Historic Places in Inyo County
Laws Station was significant in the development of the east side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains between 1880 and 1920.
The Carson & Colorado Railroad ran a distance of 307 miles from Mound House in Nevada to Keeler in California. The mineral wealth of Esmeralda County and Nye County in Nevada and Mono County and Inyo County in California was recognized but mining was handicaped by the lack of reliable transportation. By providing this transporataiton, the Carson & Colorado was largely responsible for the development of these four counties located in two states.
All that remain today of this once bustling and highly profitable railroad is Laws Station now known as the Laws Railroad Museum and Historical Site. Laws is a complete railroad yard and one of the very few remaining examples of a narrow gauge railroad left in the United States.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination.
|Name||Year||Address||Remarks||Sort Address||Sort Name|
|Railroad Track||B||B||Railroad Track|
|Locomotive and Cares||B.1||B.1||Locomotive and Cares|
|Death Valley Railroad Car||B.2||B.2||Death Valley Railroad Car|
|Box Car Village||B.3||B.3||Box Car Village|
|Agent's House||C||C||Agent's House|
|Water Tower||D||D||Water Tower|
|Water Pump House||E||E||Water Pump House|
|Oil Tank Tower||F||F||Oil Tank Tower|
|Oil Pump House||G||G||Oil Pump House|
|Armstron Turn Table||H||H||Armstron Turn Table|