Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Humboldt County
The Native Sons of the Golden West placed a marker on the building in 1997. It reads, in part:
Built in 1884, this building became home of Columbia Hose Company Number 4, chartered April 2, 1894. It is the oldest surviving structure of the seven volunteer companies organized in Eureka between 1873 and 1908.
Original building had two rooms, combined office and sleeping apartment, the other for a hose cart.
The company had twenty-five active members.