Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Humboldt County
This false front Victorian building has two store fronts that are wonderfully intact.
Since 1900, the north half of the building has been used as a meat market. The south half was used as a harness shop, candy store and in 1931 the interior was extensively remodeled for Cumings Variety Store.
The Ferndale Meat Co. building contributes to the Ferndale Main Street Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.