California Historical Landmarks in El Dorado County
California Historical Landmark 551
Site of First Grange Hall in California
Highway 49 North of Rattlesnake Bar Road
Pilot Hill Grange No. 1, of 29 charter members: Master, F. D. Brown; Secretary, A. J. Bayley; was organized August 10, 1870. The Grange Hall, dedicated at this site November 23, 1880, was built by Alcander A. Bayley.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 551
Plaque dedicated May 20, 1956, by Pilot Hill Grange No. 1
In cooperation with the California State Park Commission.
Plaque placed and rededicated November 23, 1982.