NoeHill: San Francisco Architects
Lewis P. Hobart
Cathedral House
1051 Taylor Street
Built 1911
Demolished 1993
Cathedral House Demolished in 1993

Grace Cathedrai and Cathedral House
Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

George William Gibbs Memorial Hall, commonly called Cathedral House, was the first permanent structure built in the Grace Cathedral close. Originally built for the Church Divinity School, the Gothic Revival building was to be one part of a quadrangle of buildings adjacent to the cathedral.

The building was demolished in 1993.

Prev Hobart Building | Next Hobart Building
(Chronological Sequence)