National Register of Historic Places in Alameda County
St. Augustine's Episcopal Church, built in 1893 as Trinity Church, is the second oldest Episcopal church in continuous use in Oakland. It is an outstanding example of the late 19th century, vernacular version, in wood, of the Gothic Revival Style favored in ecclesiastical architecture throughout the country. It was designed by San Francisco architect William H. Hamilton.
Both exterior and interior have a high degree of architectural integrity and are unchanged except for moving the altar to accommodate modern liturgical practice.
The church is also one of the few reminders of the early elegance and homogeneity of this area of Oakland, now largely commercial instead of residential.