California Historical Landmarks in Alameda County
California Historical Landmark 510
Francisco Solano Alviso Adobe
3459 Foothill Road
This building, erected in 1844-46 by Francisco Solano Alviso, was the first adobe house to be built in the Pleasanton Valley. It was originally called Alisal-The Sycamores. Following the Battle of Sunol Canyon, General John C. Frémont withdrew to this building, which became his headquarters for several days.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation