California Historical Landmarks in Alameda County
California Historical Landmark 503
First County Courthouse Site
30977 Union City Boulevard
This is the site of Alameda County's first courthouse where county government began on June 6, 1853. Officials met in a two-story wooden building erected by Henry C. Smith and A. M. Church as a merchandise store. The seat of government moved to San Leandro in 1856, following an election in December 1854.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation