Points of Interest in the City and Borough of Juneau
The J&E Building was constructed of reinforced concrete in 1913 as a three-story building in the Early Twentieth Century Commercial architectural style. The fourth floor was added in 1915.
The building has storefront windows on the first floor and double hung multi-pane windows on the upper floors. Decorative concrete castings are between the windows on the fourth floor.
The original transoms located above the sidewalk canopy have been replaced with solid panels. There is a central recessed entryway and a central low-rising front parapet. A decorative motif cast in concrete is located at the top of the front facade.
The J&E Building contributes to the Juneau Downtown Historic District.