Historic Sites and Points of Interest in Yuba County
A marker, mounted on the Silver Dollar Saloon, reads:
The land on which Marysville was founded originally was leased in 1842 to Theodore Cordua a Prussian emigrant, by John A. Sutter. Named for his homeland, Cordua established a trading post and stock ranch on the Calif.-Oregon Trail to serve emigrants, miners and hunters. In 1849, he sold his holdings to several people, including Michael Nye, at which time the site became known as Nye's Ranch.
Dedicated May 4, 1985
William Bull Meek - William Morris Stewart
Chapter No. 10 E Clampus Vitus
Nevada City, Calif.
A second marker commemorates Lord Sholto Douglas.