National Register of Historic Places in Yolo County
The architect of this twelve-room, Stick-Italianate residence, built between 1871 and 1875 for William Dresbach, is not known
The town of Davis was once known as Davisville. The name was shortened to Davis in 1907, and the city of Davis was incorporated in March 1917. Mr. Dresbach, whose property holdings made him one of Davisvilles's wealthiest citizens, was Davisville's first postmaster. According to tradition, he named the town to honor Jerome C. Davis, a rancher.
The building currently (2006) houses city offices.