California Historical Landmarks in Ventura County
California Historical Landmark 727
1400 Block of Harvard Boulevard
On August 11, 1769, the Portolá Expedition arrived at the junction of the Arroyo Mupu and Santa Paula Creek, at a place they named the Holy Martyrs Ipolito and Cassiano. The priests of the Mission San Buenaventura here established the Asistencia Santa Paula, where they held services for the Mupu Indians.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation