California Historical Landmarks in Ventura County
California Historical Landmark 659
51 South Ventu Park Road
Originally located some 200 yards to the north, the Stagecoach Inn was built in 1876. Its redwood lumber came by sea and was freighted up the steep Conejo Grade by multiteam wagons. From 1887 to 1901, the hotel served as a regular depot for the Coast Stage Line, which carried both passengers and mail. In 1965 it was moved to its present location.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation