Garfield County Points of Interest
The commemorative plaque reads:Daughters of Utah Pioneers
Panguitch stake of the L.D.S. Church was organized in 1877 with James Henrie as president. In March, 1880, plans were made for a stake house with George Dodds, architect, and M.M. Steel, Sr., chairman of the building. The following men were prominent in its erection: Frederick Judd, Samuel Worthen & Sons, W.R. Riggs, Alfred Riding, W.P. Sargent, John F. Sevy, and John W. Norton. The building served the community until July, 1949, when it was condemned and torn down.
Cornelia & Loyhova Camps