National Register of Historic Places in Beaver County
A plaque on the building reads:
Beaver Opera House
The Beaver Opera House, built between 1908 and 1909, helped mark the beginning of the local citizens' desire to build a "New Beaver" that would be the envy of other communities. The board of directors of the opera house were quoted as saying, "...nothing is too good for the people of Beaver..." It was designed and built by the architectural firm of Liljenberg and Maeser, and is an impressive example of a Classical Revival style building constructed of tuff, the pink stone used in many Beaver residences. The opera house served as a center for community and church affairs for over two decades, and attracted many famous performers. For many years the building was used by the National Guard and today is the home of the Opera House Civic Center.
Marker placed in 1988
Division of State History N-404