National Register of Historic Places in Beaver County
Beaver County was created by the Territorial Legislature in 1855. In 1876 the 6,000 inhabitants of the county elected to build Beaver County Courthouse to house the Second Judicial District Court of the Territory of Utah.
This lovely courthouse remains in use today by Beaver County, an emblem of the pretentious construction in public buildings during the Territorial period. It also symbolizes the Federal Government's attempts to govern and observe the Mormons during a period when the practice of Polygamy heightened those conflicts.
Source: NRHP nomination form submitted in August, 1970.