Tuolumne County Points of Interest
Strawberry Flat House, established about 1853 and named after the wild strawberry plants that grew at the Lair of the Golden Bear, the main stopping place on the Mono Road to accomodate [sic] the travelers over the new route. Across the mountains was the Strawberry House.
Established by G. F. Conlin in 1897.
Dedicated by Matuca Chapter. July 23, 1977
Re-Dedicated by Matuca Chapter #1849
E Clampus Vitus
Sept. 10, 1994 (5999)
"Credo Quia Absurdum"