Tuolumne County Points of Interest
A marker is mounted on the front of the building just below the Sheriff sign:
Built circa 1910 as Klein and Baum commercial building. Purchased by County of Tuolumne in 1955 by Resolution 39 of Board of Supervisors, Kerr, Dondero Millard, Nicholls and Williams, "for use as a Justice Court and other public purposes."
Served as Jamestown's Justice Court from 1955-1996
Site of last of five County Justice Courts.
Commemorated by Resolution 172-96 of Board of Supervisors, DeBernardi, Holman, Marks, Rountree and Rotelli on August 27, 1996