Tuolumne County Points of Interest
Completed in 1860 by innkeeper David Hayes in anticipation of the soon to be completed Sonora-Mono Toll Road.
By 1865 with the toll road completed, wagons, stages, and pack trains used the station as a mail, relay, and rest stop for weary travelers and teamsters.
The single story log building was 18x50 ft. with a shake roof. A remainder can still be seen near the large pine tree.
Credo Quia Absurdum
Dedicated August 23, 1986
Matuca Chapter 1849
E Clampus Vitus