California Historical Landmarks in Tulare County
California Historical Landmark 388
Tule River Indian Reservation
2293 East Crabtree Avenue
A reservation was originally established in 1857. Indians from a widespread area were brought here. The natives of this vicinity were the Koyeti tribe toward the west and the Yandanchi tribe toward the east. Both were branches of the Yokuts Indians that occupied the San Joaquin Valley.
This location not proving satisfactory, the Tule River Indian Reservation was moved to its present location, ten miles south-east in 1873.
Marker placed by California Centennials Commission. Base furnished by Tulare County Historical Society.
Dedicated October 16, 1949
Alta Vista School Murals