Sonoma County Points of Interest
A marker is mounted on the side of the building on Church Street:
Bank of Guerneville
This beautiful Beaux Arts Building was designed by Carl Ingomar Warnecke of the architectural firm Miller and Warnecke in 1921. The Bay Area firm designed residential work, apartment buildings, schools, commercial and civic structures.
Mr. Warnecke won a design competition which allowed him to attend the École des Beaux Arts in Paris. This building reflects that influence with its symmetry, graceful arched windows and pedimented doors of the main entrance. The building was restored in 2015 by Robert Anderson Pullum.
Russian River Historical Society, May 2, 2015