California Historical Landmarks in Solano County
California Historical Landmark 534
AKA Rancho Los Putos
Interstate Highway 80 - Exit 51B
Two Miles Southwest of Vacaville
This is the site of Rancho Los Putos of 10 square leagues, granted in 1845 by Governor Pío Pico to Juan Felipe Peña and Manuel Cabeza Vaca. The Peña Adobe, erected here in 1842, is still owned by descendants of the Peña-Vaca families. The town of Vacaville, nearby, was established in 1851 on land sold by Vaca to William McDaniel.
Historical Landmark No. 534
Plaque erected September 18, 1955, by Vacaville Parlor No. 293, Native Daughters of the Golden West, in cooperation with the California State Parks Commission.
The Peña Adobe is also National Register Listing #72000261.