Shasta County Points of Interest
The marker reads:
Point of Historical Interest
Dept. of Parks & Recreation - Reg. No. SHA-013.
This aqueduct was built in 1918 as connecting link of main canal of Anderson Cottonwood Irrigation Dist., to carry water across Anderson Gulch to irrigate lands in southern Shasta Co. Aqueduct is 1249 ft. long, 8 ft. wide, 5 ft. deep and 20 ft. from the ground.
Sponsors: Historic Preservation Comm., Cascade Dist., Calif. Garden Clubs, Inc., Anderson Valley Garden Club and Cottonwood Garden Club.