San Francisco Point of Historic Interest: Pacific Stock Exchange Club
Miller and Pflueger designed this eleven-story art deco moderne office building in conjunction with their remodeling of the Pacific Coast Stock Exchange building next door. The building originally housed brokerage offices for the exchange, and from 1930 until 1987, the Pacific Stock Exchange Lunch Club was located on the tenth and eleventh floors.
The exterior sculpture at the entrance was created by Ralph Stackpole in a Machine Age Classical style.
Between December 1930 and March 1931, Diego Rivera painted a fresco, Allegory of California, in the Lunch Club.
In 1988, the City Club of San Francisco took over the Pacific Stock Exchange Lunch Club spaces.
The building is not open to the public.