San Francisco Points of Interest
This building was originally two buildings, one built in 1906 and one in 1908. It was remodeled in 1910 by the Reid Brothers into a four-story department store with a giant order in the upper stories and Renaissance-Baroque ornamentation.
The O'Connor-Moffatt department store was here from 1910 until 1929.
Gump's, a luxury home furnishings retailer, was located here from 1995 until 2018.
In 1995, Gump's, moved here from 250 Post Street which had been its home since the 1906 Earthquake and Fire.
Gump's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on 3 August 2018, and the store at 135 Post Street closed on 23 December 2018. Gump's reopened at its previous address, 250 Post Street, in 2019.