National Register of Historic Places in San Francisco
Saint John's Presbyterian Church, designed by Dodge and Dolliver, is the oldest church in the Richmond District, and the district's only Shingle Style church,
Ground was broken on April 25, 1905 on a foggy site surrounded by sand dunes. The first service was held a year later on Easter Sunday, April 15, 1906.
Three days later, in the Great Earthquake, the chimney crashed into the organ and stained glass windows fell into the street. Another year passed while the church was repaired and rededicated on April 28, 1907.
Saint John's Presbyterian Church is also San Francisco Landmark 83.