California Historical Landmarks in Santa Cruz County
California Historical Landmark 449
4171 Glenwood Drive
Historic town founded by Charles C. Martin, who came around the Horn in 1847, and his wife, Hannah Carver Martin, who crossed the Isthmus. First homesteaded area in 1851 and operated toll-gate and station for stage coaches crossing the mountains. Later Martin developed lumber mill, winery, store, and the Glenwood Resort Hotel.
State Registered Landmark No. 449
Tablet placed by California Centennials Commission. Base provided by Santa Cruz Parlor No. 26
Native Daughters, Santa Cruz Parlor No. 90, Native Sons, and descendants Martin Family.
Dedicated June 22, 1950