California Historical Landmarks in Santa Barbara County
California Historical Landmark 340
La Purisima Mission Marker
Harris Grade Road at Rucker Road
Established December 8, 1787, by Father Lasuen, damaged by earthquake, 1812. Removed from control of Franciscans, abandoned 1834. State and National Park Service restoring major and many small structures, and water system. Only example in California of complete mission. State historical monument.
Historical Landmark No. 340
Department of Public Works - Division of Highways