National Register of Historic Places in San Mateo County
The Methodist Episcopal Church at Half Moon Bay built during the summer of 1872 is an outstanding example of a vernacular adaptation of Gothic Revival style. Throughout the years its appearance has not been altered.
None of the Catholic Churches of the community have survived fire and demolition. It is the only country church on the then remote coast of the San Francisco Peninsula to thus far be documented as having had a commissioned architect. The church represents a long struggle to maintain a Protestant church in an area predominantly populated by immigrants from Catholic countries nd their descendents.
The building was designed by Charles Geddes and built by John H. McKay.
Excerpted from the NRHP nomination.