California Historical Landmarks in San Diego County
California Historical Landmark 60
Casa de Lopez
3890 Twiggs Street
Built about 1835 by Juan Francisco Lopez, one of San Diego's early Spanish settlers, the Casa Larga, or Long House, was among the first substantial houses built in the Pueblo of San Diego. In 1846 it was the home of Juan Matias Moreno, secretary to Pío Pico, California's last Mexican governor.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation