California Historical Landmarks in Sacramento County
California Historical Landmark 702
Pony Express Terminus
819 Sutter Street
Gold rush and railroad town, Folsom became the western terminus of the Central Overland Pony Express on July 1, 1860. During its first few months, the express mail had been run by pony to and from Sacramento, but beginning July 1, 1860, the Sacramento Valley Railroad carried it between Sacramento and Folsom until Placerville was made the terminus during July 1 - October 26, 1861.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 702
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Sacramento County Historical Society: Folsom Historical Association: Fern Parlor No. 123, Native Daughters of the Golden West: the Folsom Chamber of Commerce: and the Central Overland Pony Express Trail Association. April 2, 1960.