California Historical Landmarks in Sacramento County
California Historical Landmark 633-2
Sacramento Station A of Old Folsom Powerhouse
Northeast Corner of 6th and H Streets
The first distribution point of electricity for a major city, Station A was constructed in 1894. Built by the Sacramento Electric Power and Light Company to receive power generated from Folsom Powerhouse. The first transmission of electricity was on July 13, 1895. This power distribution network resulted in the first overhead wire streetcar system in the Central Valley.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 633-2
Plaque placed by the California Department of Parks and Recreation August 4, 1970.