Plumas County Points of Interest

Mt. Lassen Club
24 September 2013
(Click Photos to Zoom)
Mt. Lassen Club
173 Main Street
Built 1911

A marker reads:

Mt. Lassen Club

Built in 1911 by Judge Gay, it was the first grocery store between Susanville and Red Bluff. On May 27, 1932 Gordon Purdy turned it into a bar named the Mt. Lassen Club. Margaret and Lee Baker became the club's owners in August of 1963. Now the official watering hole of ECV Outpost 1911, this saloon has seen many good times, fights, gambling and even a cowboy riding his horse through the bar. This bar is now owned by Margaret and John Zukosky.

Dedicated Feb. 5, 6005 (2000) By
The Vigilantes Outpost No. 1911 of
Of Las Plumas del Oro Chapter No. 8
Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
Credo Quia Absurdum

Prev | Next
Plumas County: List | Map
California: List | Map