Plumas County Points of Interest
A marker reads:
Started in 1928 with land donated by Edith Martin. Logs given by Red River Lumber Co. were floated down the Feather River. It was erected in a few days in an old fashion barn raising in 1929, with the women feeding everyone. Chester had benefits for books & supplies. On 8-17-28, one benefit was a gypsy dance. Early on the library served as a classroom. It is now the only log cabin library in the state. Mrs. Stover was the first librarian when it opened in 1929. The building has given countless hours of enjoyment and education to the folks of Chester, helping to spawn the imagination of the youth and renew that of the old.
Dedicated January 26, 6007 (2002)
by the Vigilantes Outpost #1911 of
the Las Plumas del Oro Chapter 8
of the Ancient and Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
Credo Quia Absurdum