Plumas County Points of Interest
A marker reads:
Char's Beauty Salon
Built in the early 1900's this building was originally a dance hall, owned by Jack Wardlow. In 1926 Leo Speegle bought it and in 1933 it became the Eastside Cafe. In 1945 it became a recreation center, known as the Chester Bowl. Around 1988 Char Armachea bought the building and it's now the home of her beauty shop, union offices and other businesses.
Dedicated March 18, 6012 (2006) by
The Vigilante Outpost #1911 of the
Ancient & Honorable Order of E Clampus Vitus
Credo Quia Absurdum