National Register of Historic Places in Klamath County
Valley Hospital was designed by Portland architect Elmer E. McClaran in the tradition of the American Renaissance. With its bilateral symmetry, its Classical cornice and pedimented entrance surrounds, its staggered quoins in contrasting white exterior face brick, and its fanlights in the openings of the one-story unit, it is a simplified version of Georgian architecture.
The hospital, which occupies a prominent site at the corner of Pine and Fourth Streets in the downtown core, was built for Dr. Warren C. Hunt in two phases, in 1919 and 1925.
It was the first modern hospital facility in the Klamath Basin.
Adapted from the NRHP Nomination Form.