National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
This front-gabled Homestead house, a vernacular form in the tradition of Queen Anne architecture, was built for Central Point dry goods and grocery store owner Edward Charles Faber in 1910.
Faber, one of the leading merchants of Central Point, lived here with his family from the time the house was built until his death in 1946. Faber's widow held the property until 1969, when it was sold after a fire which caused much damage to the rear section and upstairs late in 1967.
The town of Central Point is a historic trading center on the Oregon and California Railroad alignment in the Rogue River Valley.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1997.