National Register of Historic Places in Jackson County
Wagner Creek School stands in the upper valley of Wagner Creek, a tributary of Bear Creek in the Rogue River basin. In its historic period of use, the school served children of ranchers, miners, loggers and others who settled in the stream valleys of the foothills of the Siskiyous south of the community of Talent.
The Colonial Revival design was provided by Claud N. Freeman, a Willamette Valley architect trained at Oregon Agricultural college who, with various partners, specialized in public school work. Freeman designed several other schools in Jackson County in the years 1926-1929.
The school was vacated in 1951 when the local district was consolidated with the Phoenix school system.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1992.