National Register of Historic Places in Coos County
The decommissioned Coquille River Lifeboat Station is an intact variation of the 20th Century Colonial style used for Coast Guard facilities in the 1930s. The station was designed by an unknown government architect and replaced an earlier station which had been built on the site in 1891.
The Coast Guard used the new station for less than seven years.
The life boat station is the oldest and the only substantial building associated with Bandon's economic redevelopment after a disastrous 1936 fire destroyed all but sixteen of the town's five hundred buildings. It is the only governmental structure in Bandon with any historical significance.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in June 1984.