Points of Historic Interest in Storey County
16 March 2016
(Click Photos to Zoom)
Storey County was organized in 1860 and is named after Captain Edward Storey who was killed during the Pyramid Lake Indian wars in Nevada. The prior courthouse erected on this site was destroyed in the Great Fire of October 26, 1875, that also burned many of Virginia City’s early documents. Storey County hired the architectural firm of Kenitzer and Raum of San Francisco to design the replacement.
Source: Comstock Historical Marker No. 8 mounted on the building.