National Register of Historic Places in Storey County
The house is named for two subsequent owners, Edward Piper and Lucius Beebe.
Edward Piper, son of John Piper who founded the Opera House across the street, lived here until his death in 1907. Piper's widow Lavinia married the bare-fisted prizefighter Dan Connors and set him up as manager of Piper's Opera House. Conners introduced silent films to Virginia City in 1911.
Charles Clegg and Lucius Beebe purchased the Territorial Enterprise and this house in 1949.