National Register of Historic Places in Santa Fe County
Fort Marcy Military Reservation was the headquarters of the New Mexico Territory Military District after the United States occupied the region in 1846.
This building was one of six adobe houses constructed for commissioned officers and their families. Quarters for the commanding officer were established north of the Palace of the Governors. Of these seven residences and twenty-five service and housing structures, only this house 116 Lincoln Avenue and a second one, the Bergere House at 135 Grant Avenue, have survived.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1975.